Hosung Wood-plastic composites (WPC) are a kind of natural fiber plastic composites materials and is made of wood fiber/wood flour and thermoplastic(s) such as PE, PP, PVC, or PLA. In addition to wood fiber and plastic, WPC can also contain chemical additives materials such as mineral fillers and pigments. They provide for integration of polymer and wood flour (powder) while facilitating optimal processing conditions.
The most widespread use of Hosung WPC is in outdoor deck floors, but it is also used for railings, fences, landscaping timbers, cladding and siding, park benches, molding and trim, window and door frames, and indoor furniture. These materials can be molded with or without simulated wood grain details.
Quality Assurance – 4-POINT CHECKS
WE FOLLOW 4-POINT CHECKS AT OUR FACTORY FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE :
1. Raw materials check: As soon as the raw materials come into the production units, they undergo tests at our labs to get their properties checked, passing which they go to the store
2. Check at the manufacturing stage: At different stages of manufacturing, tests are done to validate if the purpose of a particular stage has been served or not. For e.g. An important constraint for polymers used in WPC is requiring process conditions (melt temperature, pressure) that will not thermally degrade the wood filler. Wood degrades around 220 °C.
3. Product check: The product thus manufactured, undergoes the most stringent tests according to global standards, passing which it qualifies for dispatch
4. Post production check: Before being dispatched, visual inspection is done to check product tolerances and any other kind of manufacturing defect.
Hosung WPC Quality Assurance
Service life for Hosung WPC decking: 10 year warranty for Hollow floor ,15 year warranty for solid floor when used under normal conditions and in the manner in which the product was designed to be used.
We guarantee that if any manufacturing defects become apparent or if the product suffers structural damage caused by common species of termites/white ants within the warranty period, the faulty products will be replaced with an equal quantity of like material.
Manufacturing defects are typically described as:
- blistering, splitting or evidence of voids in the material
- delimitation or crumbling of the material
- rotting, warping or cracking of the material
- major color change, discoloration or fading not associated with the normal weathering process
- Transportation and/or any delivery costs and assembly or dis-assembly costs are not included in this warranty. Any product damaged due to an act of vandalism, misuse, or improper installation is not covered by this warranty.